Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WHERE HAVE YOU GONE PHILLY PHRANCHISE???

I would like to start this post by saying that in no way shape or form am I writing off Phil Hughes. That would just be irrational and stupid.
At the same time its not fair to look at the other side of the coin. Phil Hughes has just been Awful. There is no way to defend the young hurler, he's just been putrid.
I don't think the answer is to send him down to the minors that would just not look good on the Yankees part and in my opinion stunt his growth. If this is done you can hardly blame them especially because he is burning the pen and we have Rasner who is just tearing apart AAA and just won the honors of International League Pitcher Of the Week.
The Yankees have to live there decision of not parting with Hughes for Johan. That point is moot and its not fun to beet a dead horse. We have to just live with Phil and his (what I hope to be) growing pains.
For what its worth, Greg Maddux at this point of his career sucked as well (www.baseball-reference.com/m/maddugr01.shtml) and for your information wasn't that great either (http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/santajo02.shtml)

6 comments:

max sutton said...

Greg madux isnt as good as johan either. Your are right it is still very early but he doesnt even look as good as steve trachsel. He is really killing the pen

Anonymous said...

Sambo,

I think Johan has pitched more innings than Kennedy and hughes
combined!!! That Cashman is some GM
Maybe he can find steve Karsay and give him another 20 million!

Anonymous said...

Sambo,

How does it feel to have your two major signings of the offseason
(AROD & POSADA) 40 Mill combined
on the DL.

Anonymous said...

Sambo,

Philliy Franchise!!! more like filly fanatic!!

SAM I AM said...

I say it only could get better from here on out....and the yanx are still ahead of last years pace

Anonymous said...

Sambo,

I just read yesterdays post!!
Cap. DP. Even though I think Jeter is washed up -I would never say it publicly. U must really hate this team.