Tuesday, June 3, 2008

LOOKING BACK AT JOBA THE RELIEVER

Now that we are turning the page on Joba the "reliever", I would like to take a quick look back at his brief career as the set up man.
We all know he was just flat out dominant, but I think we fail to realize how dominant he was.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/chambjo03.shtml

After taking a look at the numbers, It really gets you thinking... Should Joba still be in the pen and continue to be groomed to be the next closer? The answer to that is NO!!!!

I am getting very frustrated by the fact that these so called "Baseball" experts" say he should be kept in the pen. If I keep on hearing these ignoramus rants every time Farnsworth blows a lead in the eighth all I have to say is there was a reason Joba replaced Kyle in the first place. The reason was he flat out SUCKED. This isn't the first time Farns blew it, this has been happening since the day they signed him. I place most of the blame on a combination of Girardi and Cashman. Girardi should know that Farns is unreliable just by following this team last year as a broadcaster and should be mixing and matching with Edwar and company.

If your going to ask me why I blame Cash??? That's simple, if the plan was to start Joba from the get go, then why didn't he bring in a suitable replacement to start the season. Don't go off telling me that he had confidence in Hawkins , Farns And Bruney when the season started cause that's just a lie. A deal should have been made (and still should be) for a quality bullpen arm with the bevy of prospects that the yanx have.
One more point I would like to make is if we get quality starts from quality starters and the starters don't blow numerous leads in the same game we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Which is why we need Joba to be a quality STARTER.
I'm looking forward to a START of a new career.

No comments: