Wednesday, December 10, 2008

DO YOU CC WHAT I SEE?!?!?!?!


We all have been waiting for CC to make up his mind .

He did what any sane person should do.To tell you the truth i would do the same!

He waited to see if any team would come close to the Yankee bid , and if they did he knew the Yanx would up the anti. He had no intention of Pitching anywhere but NY. He just wanted the most he could possibly get.

After these long and torturous past few weeks.

Mr Sabathia realized the market is not what he and his agent expected.

So he pounced on the Yankees offer which was never going anywhere to begin with.

I actually am thankful the Mets got K-Rod for so cheap. This definitely sent a message to CC that this Yankee offer would not be trumped.

If such a high profile Free Agent got just half of what he sought after there is no way any other offer would come close!

CC's thought process must have been "this was the best He's going to get".

I also love how all of those sports columnists that said CC had no intention of pitching in NY are Nowhere to be found today.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Whats Next?

STARTING PITCHING:

Word has is the Yankees are closing in on Lowe. You know what ? The Yankees sure can be stupid sometimes.... I want Zero part of this guy.

On the other hand, I would LOVE if the Yanx signed Sheets to a two year deal. But no more than 2 years.

I'm Praying Burnette signs with Atlanta. He simply is not worth the risk. Not for that many years with those dollar figures.

Pettitte and Cashman will probably meet in the middle and settle on a $12 Million dollar deal which is still not worth it but what the hell.

Projected rotation


1 CC (only bec the Money)

2 Wang

3 Sheets/Lowe/Burnette

4 Joba

5 Pettitte

OFFENSE:

Its no secret the Yankees are in need of some offense .

They just lost a ton of production in Giambi and Abreu.
Plus , how Confident can you be that Matsui and Posada will be healthy and that Cano will bounce back.

Why is everybody and there mother counting the Yankees out of the Texiera sweepstakes? Just because Hal/Hank Just broke the bank on the Lard Lefty , it doesn't mean diddly squat.

Hal wants to make a mark and follow in daddy's footsteps his first year behind the wheel. If you remember his remarks last month , he said , and i paraphrase "Everybody is a target".
If the Red Sox Sign Tex I will gag. It just can not happen. PERIOD.

There are several fallback options however.

For example Adam Dunn would be a great fit.

And then there always is that fellow named Manny...

Whispers of Rick Ankielle are being floated around and being linked to the Yankees. I am lukewarm on Ankielle. Not so sure he could maintain his offense.

Once again we have no way of knowing whats going to happen until it happens. We are reduced to the waiting game.

I personally enjoy reading completely false rumors . throughout the day. Its fun to see people make complete fools out of themselves by just trying get any story possible.

Until Next time my friends....

4 comments:

abie said...

yay!

abie said...

unlike christmas hanukah has eight days so hopefully this is just the first of eight gifts for each mets and yankee fans

MSR said...

first of all, welcome back sam.
second of all, check your grammar.

Honestly, I don't care that they upped the offer to 160. They have the money so it's not a big deal. 7 years is a really really long deal.
I don't want Lowe for the kind of money he's asking.
I want Burnett for 4 years @ 60 mill. I would not mind seeing him go to the national league. If he does go to the national league, I place him higher on my fantasy draft board.
I want Ben Sheets a lot. The 2 yrs 30 mill. rumors would be an awesome deal. He could probably get that from a few teams though. that contract could be covered by insurance so that could help. I also think he actually wants to pitch for the yankees.
Originally, I assumed Pettitte would be back and he would be happy to take 10 mill. I'm shocked that he's holding out here. I doubt the yanks will get all sentimental about him at this point considering they let him go to houston. I don't see him fitting in to the rotation if they sign any of the remaining big 3 pitchers. We may have seen the end of Andy Pettitte.
CC, Sheets, Wang, Joba, Pettitte???
What about Phil Hughes and IPK???

Offensively....I agree about the offense not being ready. I'm LUKE warm to Nick Swisher. I totally disagreed with that trade. He doesn't fit with this team. He's not good enough to play either center field or first base for my new york yankees.
I'm encouraging the Yanks to use some prospects to acquire David Dejesus or someone of that caliber to play center. I encourage them to sign Texiera to a 6 year 100 mill deal. (I just made those numbers up.)

Damon and Matsui in Left are fine. between the two of them and their injuries, they should be fine.

Nady in Right is fine but he is not as good as Abreu offensively.

I do not approve of Melky or Gardner in CF. Trade them!!!

I don't approve of Swisher at first!!!!

Arod needs protection in the lineup.

Posada should be back to normal but you never know at 37 years old.

Cano should be fine, i expect him to bounce back.

Jeter is fine.

The bench needs some work.
The bullpen is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sam


first of all......what the hell are you talking about CC got the richest contract for a pitcher ever in MLB history how can you say he settled?


also I dont want any part of Lowe he is a mediocre inning eater at best.....I say we go after sheets who when healthy is close to as good as CC and dont forget he started the all star game this past year!!