Thursday, December 11, 2008

METS: JJ PUTZ INJURY


Last night at 7pm Omar Minaya had a press conference where he announced the signing of K-Rod...Minaya finished the press conference and immediately his phone rang..he grabbed a pen and paper and started writing names down..as he was doing that Mets executives pushed him into their suite and the negotiations for JJ Putz got serious...

A few hours later at around 1045 pm I went to my computer and refreshed the Metsblog.com page..it said Mets acquire JJ Putz, Sean Green, and Jeremy Reed for Aaron Heilman, Joe Smith Endy Chavez and a bunch of minor leaguers...Quickly i reached for my phone and texted my phonebook about the news...I then ran and told my father the news..then while going back into my room out of excitement i jumped and landed sideways on my right foot...crack..crack...crack....ten minutes later the swelling could be seen from miles away..


I rushed to the hospital via ambulance and took some x-rays...the doctor came in to tell me the news but before she did she asked how it happened so i told her about JJ Putz and the whole thing..she then laughed and told me that she is getting married to a Putz in April and her last name will be Putz...Freaky!..and i know i am a putz too lol....so i fractured a bone in my foot that goes to my pinky toe (Seinfeld!)..and i'll be sidelined for 4 to 6 weeks..

Anyways if there is an award for die hard Mets fan or crazed Mets fan i think i win!

Here are some fun facts on Putz:
a) he had less walks in 06 and 07 combined then K-rod had in any one year of his career
b) while in Michigan University he shared a dorm with Quarterback Tom Brady

Acc to ESPN's Keith Law: “If the Mets get the healthy J.J. Putz - he missed time with rib and elbow injuries in 2008 - they might actually have acquired the best closer of their offseason, one even better than their new closer Francisco Rodriguez.”

Word is also that Johan Santana is pushing the Mets to sign Bobby Abreu...

NOW IM OFF TO THE DOCTOR TO GET MY CAST! (i think the doc's name is LaPorta so he's the guy that got traded for CC last year)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch [url=http://www.watchmovieon.com]free movies online[/url]
at [url=http://www.watchmovieon.com][b]www.watchmovieon.com[/b][/url] we got all you movie needs to watch and have fun.Free streaming movies and [url=http://www.watchmovieon.com]watch movies[/url]
now. U can do it right now