Tuesday, December 23, 2008

RIGHT ON THE MARK


Buster Olney has reported that the Yankees have come to terms with Mark Teixeira.

Terms and details of the contract have not yet been revealed but reports are stating its around 8 years 180 Million dollars.

Tex will slot nicely into "a desperate for offense Yankee lineup".
Starting pitchers across the league probably have just soiled their pants at the thought of a A-Rod Teixeira 1-2 punch.

Are the Yankees overpaying here? the answer to that is Definitely.

But in my opinion the fact that we kept him off the Sox is worth a boat load of money in its own right.

Mark Teixeira is not a Hall Of Fame type player and he probably will not put up the same offensive numbers Manny will in the next few seasons. With all that being said, I'm still thrilled to have this guy on my team .

Ultimately I feel the Yankees made a great decision here.
Tex, has not been injury prone and is as consistent as they come .

Plus, in his limited post season experience he has put up monster numbers.

Great Signing all around.
I think its safe to say Happy Chanukah/Merry X-mas And happy Quanza to all Yankees fans.


Probably the greatest off season of all time.

I love being a fan of the Evil Empire, now lets get Manny...

7 comments:

MSR said...

All Hail the Cash-man!!!

What a surprise!! The best part is that everyone assumed he was going to either LAA or Boston and everyone kept reporting that the Yanks were just watching and not bidding. The Deception!! I love it! It made this moment so much more Awesome!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now A-rod finally has some protection in the lineup

abie said...

NEXT UP DEREK LOWE!!! 6 years 100 mil!!!

abie said...

i just received the following text from Max N.:
"Lol get peavy too! Hughes abd a jax for peavy and nady melky and kennedy for bedard! Then joba sets up mariano and u kished nady and can sign manny"

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG
landing net

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!
nylon fishing net